New York, NY
Account Manager & Client Success | Sales operations – Full-time
Working closely with the Sales team and liaise with customers and ensure their long-term success. The account manager role is to manage a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new opportunities.
Account management responsibilities include developing strong relationships with customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders and preparing sales reports. Accounts managers will liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams, ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and improve the entire customer experience. Our ideal candidate is able to identify customer needs and exceed client expectations.
The Account manager should collaborate with our sales team to achieve sales quotas and grow our business.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to customer account management
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Assist in negotiating contracts and close agreements to maximize profit
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to exceed sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Identify and grow opportunities among existing clients and collaborate with the sales team to ensure growth attainment
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Prepare briefing materials.
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics.
Basic Qualifications Include:
2-4 years of related experience
Proven work experience as an account manager, key account manager, junior account manager or other relevant experience
Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
Solid experience with CRM software and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
Proven ability to manage multiple account management projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Marketing presentation, communication, organization, and time management skills
Possess, or have the ability to obtain expert knowledge of virtual reality
Self-driven, motivated and results oriented
Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required